BOARD OF SELECTMEN
MONDAY – APRIL 24, 2017
7:00 P.M. – ROOM A – TOWN CAMPUS
7:00 p.m. Executive Session
a. Discuss Security updates.
1. Pledge of Allegiance
2. Approval of minutes – April 10, 2017
BOS Budget Workshop Minutes:
January 28, 2017
February 14, 2017
February 16, 2017
February 22, 2017
March 2, 2017
March 6, 2017
3. First Selectman’s comments
4. Citizen comments
5. Discuss and take action to approve a Proclamation honoring Eagle Scout Caleb Joshua Isacson.
6. Discuss and take action to approve a Proclamation honoring Eagle Scout Brennan Couturas.
7. Discuss and take action to approve a Proclamation honoring Steve Filippone.
8. Discuss and take action on allowing cannon fire as part of the 1812 Overture during the July 1st fireworks presentation; pursuant to Code of Ordinances – Town of Madison (Section 8-1 Fireworks).
9. Discuss and take action on setting a referendum date on the Town and School budgets for Tuesday, May 16, 2017 pending approval of dollar amounts from the Board of Finance.
10. Discuss and take action to approve a pilot program for the Town of Madison Summer Hours Schedule affecting Town Campus Offices, Madison Youth & Family and the Senior Center, as follows:
Commencing June 1st and ending September 4th:
Monday – Wednesday 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Thursday – 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Friday – 8:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
The intent of this action is to provide service to the public beyond the traditional work day hours by staying open late on Thursdays. The schedule will be evaluated after September to determine whether the hour changes assisted the public in a positive manner.
11. Update on the bid award for the LED Pendant Luminaries on Wall Street to HZ Electric.
12. Discuss and take action to award the contract for the construction of the Strong Center Field Houses to Pat Munger Construction Co., Inc in the amount of $481,024.00.
13. Discuss and take action to approve recommending changes to the Board of Finance Policies and Procedures Section 2, Appropriations to Reserve and Capital Projects Funds.
14. The following line transfers are designated as routine and appropriate for approval as a single action by the Board of Selectmen, if so desired. A board member may request removal of any line transfer item from the consent agenda for review and discussion.
Motion: To approve Line Transfers totaling $1,700.00.
Ruthanna Terreri to the Bauer Park Advisory Committee for a term to expire on January 1, 2021.
Seonaid Hay to the Committee for Land Acquisition for a term to expire January 1, 2019.
Virginia Raff as an Alternate to the Salt Meadow Park Governance Committee for a term to expire January 1, 2020.
16. Tax abatements / refunds.
17. Citizens comments
18. Liaison Reports/Selectmen Comments