Renters Rebate Program
Renters Rebate Program is now taking applications. This is a state program to help refund both elderly and disabled Connecticut renters. This program runs from April 1st thru September 31th 2013. To qualify you must be age 65 or over, or disabled, and you must rent your current dwelling. The gross annual income in 2012 for a single person must be less than $33,500 and less than $40,900 for a married couple.
The information required for your appointment is as follows: (Please bring all documentation that applies to you)
- Proof of income for 2012 2012 Income Tax Forms 1099 Social Security Statement for 2012 Statement of Disability Benefits & Proof of Disability Statement of Pension Interest and Dividend Statements
- Proof of monthly rent paid from January 2012 to December 2012 (copies of returned checks, print out from Rental Management Company, or letter from landlord)
- Proof of Payments made to CL&P from January 2012 to December 2012 (copies of returned checks or print out from CL&P).
- Proof of Payments made to the water company from January 2012 to December 2012.
- Proof of Payments made for heating costs from January 2012 to December 2012.
A qualifying applicant will receive a benefit to help offset rental expenses. If you are having difficulties obtaining some of the necessary documentation or are ready to schedule an appointment, please contact Wendy Larson at (203) 245-5655.