The Town of Madison has contracted with Vision Government Solutions, Inc. to complete the town-wide revaluation of all real property in the Town of Madison effective for the October 1, 2023 Grand List as required by State Statute.
Data Collectors from Vision Government Solutions, Inc. will be conducting visits of all properties to verify exterior measurements and conduct an interior property inspection for assessment purposes. A new exterior photograph of the home will be taken. They will be wearing identification badges and possess written documentation clearly stating the purpose of their visit. Data Collectors names and vehicles are listed with the Madison Police Department and Assessor’s Office. Homeowners are encouraged to ask for identification prior to admitting anyone on/into the premises.
If you have any questions, the Assessor's Office can be reached at (203) 245-5666.
- What is a Revaluation?
- What is a Grand List?
- How is my assessment determined?
- When will I find out what my new assessment is?
- What factors affect value?
- How will I know if my assessment is equitable?
- What if I don’t agree with my new assessment?
- What information do I bring to the Informal Hearing?
- What if I still don’t agree with the decision from the Informal Hearing?
- Who makes up the Board of Assessment Appeals?
- What can the BAA do?
- What if I still don’t agree with the decision from my Formal Appeal to the Board of Assessment Appeals?
- What about the elderly and other hardship cases?
- When will the new assessments be effective?
- How are my taxes determined?