- You Are Here:
- Town Departments
- Police Department
- General Information
- Braemore Property
It will be the duty and responsibility of the Madison Police Department to enforce all ordinances of the Town of Madison for the Braemore Property.
The following prohibited acts are in effect and will be strictly enforced.
Under the Town of Madison Ordinances - Section 14-59 to 14-75-Charter 14, Parks and Recreation-Article III Braemore property.
Section 14.77 Prohibited Acts
It shall be unlawful and in violation of this charter for any unauthorized person or persons to engage in the following prohibited activities within the boundaries of the Braemore property:
- Entering or remaining on the property after dark (1/2 hour after sunset).
- The operation of any motorized vehicle, including ATVs, motorcycles and snowmobiles.
- The consumption or possession of alcoholic beverages or controlled substances.
- The setting of any fires.
- Hunting, fishing, trapping, or killing of any animal.
- The discharge of any firearm.
- Target shooting with firearm or bow and arrow.
- Disposal of any waste material(s), refuses, garbage or dumping of any kind to include old vehicles, appliances and similar waste.
- The disposal of any other forms of litter other than in appropriately marked receptacles provided by the Town.
- The cutting, injuring, defacing, removing or disturbing of any tree, shrub, plant, building, fence, bench or other structure or property.
Section 14.78. Penalties for Violations
The Town of Madison shall strictly enforce violation of the forgoing rules and regulations. Any unauthorized person who violates any of the forgoing rules and regulations shall be guilty of an infraction punishable as provided in Section 1-11 of the Madison Code of Ordinances and by Connecticut state statutes.
Any questions can be addressed by contacting Sergeant Todd A. Curry of the Madison Police Department, either by telephone at 203-245-2721, or by fax at 203-245-0857.