Public Works Department
The Department of Public Works is comprised of the Highway and Solid Waste Division.
The responsibilities of the department include:
- Maintenance of Town infrastructure including approximately 130 miles of Town roads, bridge structures, storm drainage systems, parking areas, waterfront structures and street lights.
- Winter season snow and ice control operations for the Town roadway system and parking areas.
- Responding to resident and property owner public works related questions and concerns
- Management of the Town vehicles and equipment fleet
- Management and operation of the Town's Brush and Leaf Disposal Facility
You may reach the Public Works Department between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday at (203) 245-5611. During off hours, please leave a voicemail message or to report an urgent road or other public works related condition, please contact the Department of Police Services Dispatch center at (203) 245-6500.