Public Works Department
The Department of Public Works is comprised of the Highway and Solid Waste Division.
The responsibilities of the department include:
- Maintenance of Town infrastructure including approximately 130 miles of Town roads, bridge structures, storm drainage systems, parking areas, waterfront structures and street lights.
- Winter season snow and ice control operations for the Town roadway system and parking areas.
- Responding to resident and property owner public works related questions and concerns
- Management of the Town vehicles and equipment fleet
- Management and operation of the Town's Brush and Leaf Disposal Facility
You may reach the Public Works Department between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday at (203) 245-5611. During off hours, please leave a voicemail message or to report an urgent road or other public works related condition, please contact the Department of Police Services Dispatch center at (203) 245-6500.
The Town of Madison’s overhead banner system on Durham Road (State Route 79) is temporarily out of service. The Town is in the process of having the banner system replaced and is actively coordinating with the Connecticut Department of Transportation. The timeline for the banner system replacement has not been determined at this time. Please continuing checking the Town of Madison web site for future updates.