Public Works Department
The Department of Public Works is comprised of the Highway and Solid Waste divisions.The Departments responsibilities include:
- Maintenance of Town infrastructure including approximately 130 miles of Town roads, bridge structures, storm drainage systems, parking areas, sidewalks, waterfront structures and street lights
- Winter season snow and ice control operations for the Towns roadway system, parking areas and sidewalks
- Maintenance of street trees and Town property trees
- Responding to resident and property owner public works related questions and concerns
- Management of the Towns vehicle and equipment fleet
- Management and operation the Towns Brush and Leaf Disposal Facility
You may reach the Department between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday at (203) 245-5611.
During off hours, please leave a message on the Department voicemail or to report an urgent road or other public works related condition, please contact the Department of Police Services dispatch center at (203) 245-2721.