- You Are Here:
- Town Departments
- Senior Services
Madison Senior Services strives to improve the quality of life for the senior citizens of Madison by providing services and connecting seniors, family members or caregivers to state and local services and resources.
Under the State Department of Social Services guidelines, Madison Senior Services has a municipal agent on staff who provides information and referrals for elderly issues, and local and state programs.
Be sure to read the Senior Center Newsletter Trends & Traditions. It's packed full of information and things to do - including the lunch menu!
The Madison Senior Center and the Madison Beach and Recreation Department are teaming up to offer a fun community event!
Consider yourself officially challenged when you join us for The Great Jigsaw Puzzle Challenge! Open to Residents and Non-Residents! Join us on Wednesday, April 12 from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Madison Senior Center. You will have two hours to put together a 500-piece puzzle with your teammates. Refreshments will be served and the winning team will win a prize. CLICK FOR DETAILS
If you are a Madison resident over the age of 65 seeking assistance , or are aware of a Madison resident over the age of 65 that needs assistance including but not limited to mental health support, meeting basic needs, delivery of essential items, call Madison Senior Services 203-245-5627 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org Message should contain contact info and description of need.
For people seeking to volunteer or donate:
Email Madison Senior Services at email@example.com
- People may register themselves or as groups to volunteer. Organizations (ie churches, civic groups) may register and identify one point person.
- If you have already contacted the Senior Center to volunteer during this time, you do not need to do so again.
- The Madison Senior Center is following direction from the Town of Madison Health Department and the Centers for Disease Control.
- Beginning Tuesday, March 10, 2020 the following is initiated as policy:
- Practice everyday preventive behaviors: Stay home when you are sick, cover cough and sneezes, frequently wash hands with soap and water.
- If within the last three weeks you have been to any of the countries on the travel advisory; China, Iran, South Korea, Italy, Japan or Hong Kong; please stay home for 14 days after return from travel.
- If you have been exposed to an individual who has travelled to these countries in the last three weeks or to an individual who has been diagnosed with Covid-19, please stay home for a 14 day period and contact the Madison Health Department.
- If you are experiencing symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath, or any other flu like symptoms, please contact the Madison Health Department and do not come to the Senior Center until further notice. The Health Department will give you guidance on how to self-quarantine.
- If you are diagnosed with the Flu, do not attend the Senior Center until you are completely recovered.
- Upon entering the Senior Center and before entering the Dining Room please use the hand sanitizer located at the Dining Room entrance.
You Need To Be Prepared
- Have Two Weeks worth of the following in your home
- Prescription Medications
- Oxygen (if needed)
- Everyday staples
- If you have a Caregiver, please have a backup plan in the event your caregiver becomes ill.
How To Get Information
Town of Madison Facebook: facebook.com/madisonct.org
Town of Madison Website: www.madisonct.org
Madison Health Department: Telephone 203-245-5614
CT 211 – Dial 211 from any phone
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC): www.cdc.gov
Tue Apr. 11
Wed Apr. 12
Tue May 9
Tue Jun. 13
The following will be the hours of operation going forward. We hope to accommodate the needs of the working seniors and their adult children by staying open late on Thursdays.
- Mon - Wed 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
- Thursday 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Friday 8:30 AM - 2:00 PM
Follow us on Facebook!
Membership year runs July 1 - June 30.
MADISON MEMBERS (MM) will pay a $15 annual membership fee. Lunch and programs are in addition at the (MM) fee.
NON MADISON MEMBERS (NMM) will pay a $20 annual membership fee as well as the $10/nonresident per program fee. Day trips and Overnights will not have a nonresident fee. All seniors will have to pay the membership fee prior to participating in programs or lunch at the Senior Center
The dollars that are collected from the membership fee will go towards continuing to provide energy assistance and meals on wheels to Madison residents in need. The funds will also be used to provide you, the Members, new entertainment, special events and much more throughout the year.
If you are a Madison resident and cannot afford the fee, please contact me or Heather Noblin.
If you have questions regarding this new initiative, please feel free to speak with a staff member.