Madison Senior Services is taking appointments for issues that absolutely cannot be handled via phone, email or by paper drop off. Please contact us at 203-245-5627 to coordinate with a staff member.
Are you a visual artist making art while staying safe at home? We would love to see it and display it on our website so everyone can be inspired by your art.
Be sure to check out the beautiful art that has been submitted.
Senior Pen Pal Program
Looking for a great activity while social distancing? The Madison Senior Center is connecting local seniors with children to brighten each other’s day. You will be matched up with area school children to learn about each other’s lives, talk about your favorite hobbies, tell each other stories, etc. At some point, in the hopefully not too distant future, we would love to bring these pen pals together to meet! Please email Ellie Gillespie if you are interested at email@example.com Opens email window Opens email window
Parents interested in getting their kids involved? For more information please firstname.lastname@example.org Opens email window
Errands on Wheels Program
Are you in need of someone to grocery shop for you? Do you need a prescription picked up or an important errand run? Are you concerned about a Madison family member getting out to get supplies? The Madison Senior Center will help! Guidance from the CDC suggests that if you are an older adult or have a compromised immune system or with a serious underlying medical condition, making every effort to stay home is in your best interest. Let us match you up with a local volunteer to run these errands for you, while you stay safe at home. The Madison Senior Center has developed guidelines and has screened local volunteers to help. For more information please email email@example.com Opens email window or call (203)245-5627.
If you are a Madison resident over the age of 65 seeking assistance , or are aware of a Madison resident over the age of 65 that needs assistance including but not limited to mental health support, meeting basic needs, delivery of essential items, call Madison Senior Services 203-245-5627 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org Message should contain contact info and description of need.
For people seeking to volunteer or donate:
Email Madison Senior Services at email@example.com
- People may register themselves or as groups to volunteer. Organizations (ie churches, civic groups) may register and identify one point person.
- If you have already contacted the Senior Center to volunteer during this time, you do not need to do so again.
- The Madison Senior Center is following direction from the Town of Madison Health Department and the Centers for Disease Control.
- Beginning Tuesday, March 10, 2020 the following is initiated as policy:
- Practice everyday preventive behaviors: Stay home when you are sick, cover cough and sneezes, frequently wash hands with soap and water.
- If within the last three weeks you have been to any of the countries on the travel advisory; China, Iran, South Korea, Italy, Japan or Hong Kong; please stay home for 14 days after return from travel.
- If you have been exposed to an individual who has travelled to these countries in the last three weeks or to an individual who has been diagnosed with Covid-19, please stay home for a 14 day period and contact the Madison Health Department.
- If you are experiencing symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath, or any other flu like symptoms, please contact the Madison Health Department and do not come to the Senior Center until further notice. The Health Department will give you guidance on how to self-quarantine.
- If you are diagnosed with the Flu, do not attend the Senior Center until you are completely recovered.
- Upon entering the Senior Center and before entering the Dining Room please use the hand sanitizer located at the Dining Room entrance.
You Need To Be Prepared
- Have Two Weeks worth of the following in your home
- Prescription Medications
- Oxygen (if needed)
- Everyday staples
- If you have a Caregiver, please have a backup plan in the event your caregiver becomes ill.
How To Get Information
Town of Madison Facebook: facebook.com/madisonct.org
Town of Madison Website: www.madisonct.org
Madison Health Department: Telephone 203-245-5614
CT 211 – Dial 211 from any phone
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC): www.cdc.gov
Under the State Department of Social Services guidelines, Madison Senior Services has a municipal agent on staff who provides information and referrals for elderly issues, and local and state programs.
Be sure to read the Senior Center Newsletter Trends & Traditions. It's packed full of information and things to do.
The following will be the hours of operation going forward. We hope to accommodate the needs of the working seniors and their adult children by staying open late on Thursdays.
- Mon - Wed 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
- Thursday 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Friday 8:30 AM - 2:00 PM
Property Tax Savings Programs
The Town of Madison as well as the State of Connecticut have programs to assist residents with tax savings. The following programs are available to eligible residents: Local Tax Relief, Local Tax Deferral, Local Tax Freeze, as well at the State of Connecticut Tax Relief/Circuit Breaker Program. There is also a Veteran’s and a Disability exemption that may be available. There are eligibility and income guidelines for each program. Please contact us for more information or to schedule an appointment. If you intend on filing income taxes for 2018, they must be filed first.
Filing time period: February 1st — May 15th , 2019
Dial A Ride
Dial A Ride appointments can be made by calling the Senior Center at 203-245-5627. The hours for Dial A Ride Transportation are as follows:
- Mon & Wed 8:30 AM - 4 PM
- Friday 8:30 AM - 2 PM
We hope these changes will allow us to provide you the highest level of customer service.
Follow us on Facebook!
2020 Membership Fees
With the New Year we are introducing a Membership Fee for both Madison residents and residents of other towns. Starting January 1st, we will introduce the new fees. Below
is an explanation as to how the fees will work.
MADISON MEMBERS (MM) will pay a $15 annual membership fee and continue to pay for programs and lunch as you currently do.
NON MADISON MEMBERS (NMM) will pay a $20 annual membership fee as well as the $10/nonresident per program fee. Day trips and Overnights will not have a nonresident fee. All seniors will have to pay the membership fee prior to participating in programs or lunch at the Senior Center
The dollars that are collected from the membership fee will go towards continuing to provide energy assistance and meals on wheels to Madison residents in need. The funds will also be used to provide you, the Members, new entertainment, special events and much more throughout the year.
If you are a Madison resident and cannot afford the fee, please contact me or Heather Noblin.
If you have questions regarding this new initiative, please feel free to speak with a staff member.
I hope you have a wonderful 2018. We look forward to navigating the New Year with you and we will be by your side every step of the way.
Austin Hall, Director of Senior Services