Neutering, Spaying & Rabies Certificates

The Town Clerk may not issue a license for a neutered male or a spayed female dog not previously licensed unless the person obtaining the license presents a certificate from a licensed veterinarian stating that he or she has neutered or spayed the dog or that he or she has examined the dog and found it to be neutered or spayed.

Likewise, no license may be issued unless a valid rabies certificate, signed by a licensed veterinarian, and including date of vaccination and duration of immunity, is submitted to the Town Clerk.

On or before June 1 of each year, the Town Clerk and Director of Health may arrange a low-cost clinic for the vaccination of dogs and cats against rabies. The licensing of dogs at an anti-rabies clinic is permitted under statute.