Beach passes are required at town beaches during the following hours:
- The Surf Club: 9:30 AM - 5 PM
- West Wharf Beach: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- East Wharf Beach: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Town residents may purchase a pass online or at the Beach & Rec Office.
- Beach Pass $40. Additional car $20
- Senior Pass $10
- Veteran Pass $10
Madison residents can purchase Guest tags for their guests at $10 each
Be sure to pay for the correct zone, they are listed on the sign in the parking lot.
- 1874 - Surf Club
- 1875 - West Wharf
- 1876 East Wharf
June 28, 2019
We’ve had over 2,100 permits issued just in our on-line system, not to mention the guest pass and non-resident sales, so it’s functioning, but can be cumbersome. Below are instructions on how you can EASILY buy your pass online.
We have found some shortcuts to make it more user-friendly while we make broader and more basic changes. The reason the system has proven to be so difficult is that we designed it to protect against abuse by non-residents, not meaning for it to be difficult for residents.
IMPORTANT: Before getting started, you will need to get some information ready in your computer so it’s there when you need it. Inside the system you will eventually come to a message that says:
REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION - All required information must have your Madison, CT address.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid Registration
- Proof of Residency
If you own a vehicle with out of state plates, please provide a tax bill showing that you are Madison, CT taxpayer
To deal with this, use your smart phone to take a picture of your documents. If you’re a veteran, include that in the picture also, as you will need that to get the Veteran rate. TAKE ONE PICTURE OF ALL THE DOCUMENTS YOU WANT TO INCLUDE. Email them to yourself, download them and save them in a file that you can access during the process. Then follow these easy steps:
- Go to https://www.buymypermit.com/madisonct/ . Select Create a New Account. Even if you already have one, this is an easier way to get through the system for today.
- Fill out the form. At the bottom of the first box there is a check box that says, “My Mailing Information is the same” If it t is, check that box. It will save you some time. When the entire form is filled out, click “CONTINUE”.
- You’ll get a message that says, “Congratulations, your account has been created! Your account number is 0000XXXXX. Press continue below to purchase your permit.” Do that.
- Next comes the page where you need your documentation. Choose your “Permit Type” from the drop down menu. Choices are:
- BA Beach Adult – This one is $40.00
- BSR Senior – This one is $10.00
- VET Veteran – This one is $10.00
Next, fill in the registration information. Then click “CONTINUE”.
- The next screen will say:
Review the information and proceed as instructed below:
- Lot / Street: ALL ALL LOTS
- Permit Description: BA BEACH ADULT
- Issuance Period: ANNUAL
- Issue Date: 05/01/2019
- Expiration Date: 09/02/2019
- Permit Amount: $ 40.00
- Service Charge: $ .00
- Total Amount Due: $ 40.00
- The next screen will say: + Add Files. Click that and attach the file you saved from your smartphone. Then click “Pay by Credit Card”
- Fill out your credit card information and click “CONTINUE”.
- The next screen will display your purchase. Your receipt will be emailed to you.
If you want to buy a second or third permit, you will need to go back into the system after your first one has been manually approved by Beach & Rec. Keep your account number from above and use it for the next one to speed thing up. This is the part that is very cumbersome and we are working on fixing ASAP. In the meantime, if you can do with just the one for now, wait a few days for us to change the functionality. We are having it changed to a “shopping cart” type system for easier checkout.
If you or someone else just wants to buy hourly parking, go to Passport Parking at: https://ppprk.com/park/ and follow the instructions.
I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Online sales were meant to prevent the lines at Beach & Rec and allow for ease of purchase, which has happened to some extent, but we still have had lines, though not as bad as in years past. With what we’ve earned since inception, we’ll continue to improve the system, but don’t be afraid to go online for your pass, as it does work, as long as you know your way around. This tutorial should help. Good luck and have a great fourth of July!
Town of Madison