Independence Day Events
Check the MPD Events Hotline for updates (203) 245-6599
2023 Holiday Weekend Parking Policies at Town Beaches
- Resident Seasonal Beach Parking Passes, resident day tags and nonresident day tags will be sold on Wednesday the 5th and Thursday the 6th at the Surf Club from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
No passes will be sold on Friday the 7th. Please be sure to have your passes purchased prior to 5:00 p.m. on Thursday 7/6.
The Madison Fireworks are scheduled for Friday the 7th. You will need a Beach Parking Pass to park at all Town Beaches and Lowrey Field until the start of the fireworks. We will resume selling Beach Parking Passes in person at the Surf Club on Saturday the July 8th.
UPDATE: Due to the forecast of thunderstorms, the Madison Fireworks have been postponed to Friday, July 7, 2023.
The Town of Madison Annual Independence Day Fireworks will be displayed from a barge just south of the West Wharf pier on Friday, July 7, 2023. The best viewing of the fireworks is from the Town Beaches: East Wharf, West Wharf and the Surf Club. Due to the large numbers of people who are expected at the event, everyone is encouraged to arrive early as there will be traffic delays, road closures and parking restrictions. Visit www.madisonfireworks.org
- Gate hours will be extended at the Surf Club Gate, East Wharf Gate, and Lowrey field from 8:30 a.m. until 9:30 p.m. Any resident or guest wishing to park for the fireworks at these lots will need a seasonal beach sticker or daily parking pass. Passes sold for the original date of 7/2 will be honored.
- Parking at West Wharf will be prohibited starting mid-morning on Friday to allow for the set-up of the fireworks.
- The Town will be running shuttle buses to the Surf Club on a continuous loop starting at 7 p.m. with stops at the Rt. 79 Commuter Lot, the Madison Train Station, and the Stop ‘n Shop parking lot.
The following roads will be closed to vehicular traffic at 8 p.m. on the evening of the fireworks. Traffic will be restricted to residents and official business only on these roads starting at 6:30 PM
- West Wharf Road (southbound)
- Surf Club Road (westbound)
- Middle Beach Road West (westbound)
- Island Avenue (southbound)
- Middle Beach Road from East Wharf Road to Island Avenue
Visit MadisonFireworks.org to donate
Concert on the Green
Saturday, July 1, 2023 A Salute to the Brits and Yanks
- 6:00 p.m. Caribbean Band Moto
- 7:00 p.m. Wallingford Symphony Orchestra
Visit Madison Cultural Arts for details.
2024: The 4th of July Concert will be held on Saturday, July 6th at 6:00 p.m. The rain date is Saturday, July 13, 2024
The Town of Madison's Annual Independence Day Parade will be held on July 4, 2023, at 10:00 a.m. The parade will proceed west on Boston Post Road (Route 1) from Samson Rock Drive to the West Wharf Road and will end in the Surf Club. The parade will require road closures. Residents and motorists should expect traffic delays along the parade route between 9:45 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. Affected areas will include Boston Post Road (Route 1) and all intersecting roads between Wall Street/Samson Rock Drive and West Wharf Road, including:
- Boston Post Road (Route 1)
- Wall Street
- Samson Rock Drive
- Durham Road (Route 79)
- Meig’s Avenue
- Academy Street
- Copse Road
- Island Avenue
- Britton Lane
- West Wharf Road
- Lantern Hill Road
Motorists are encouraged to seek alternate routes during the parade. Residents/Visitors requiring access to Middle Beach Road, or Madison Beach Hotel should use East Wharf Road to access those areas during the parade. There will be no public access to the Surf Club or to the Madison Country Club (via West Wharf Road) during the parade.