- You Are Here:
- Resources & Forms
- Independence Day Events
Independence Day Events
Check the MPD Events Hotline for updates (203) 245-6599
Holiday Weekend Parking Policies at Town Beaches
July 1 - July 4, 2022
Rain date: July 8, 2022
Due to the expected high visitor volume next weekend at our beaches, the Town will be implementing a number of special event parking policies exclusively for the long July 4th holiday weekend (Friday, July 1st through Monday, July 4th).
- No beach parking stickers or daily parking passes will be sold at the Surf Club on Friday, July 1st, or throughout the long holiday weekend. All seasonal beach stickers, resident, and non-resident daily parking passes must be purchased in advance at the Surf Club office Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. and on Friday, July 2st, at the Madison Visitor Center/Chamber of Commerce Office at 12 School Street. Town staff will be stationed in the Visitor Center next Friday 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. for the sale of stickers and daily parking passes.
- Please purchase any resident or non-resident daily passes you may need for the holiday weekend by noon on Friday. Sale of non-resident daily parking passes will be limited in order to ensure adequate parking for Town residents.
- Madison residents can purchase seasonal beach stickers on-line through the Beach & Recreation website at www.madisonct.org/beachstickers and use their receipt as proof of residency for up to ten days after the purchase date.
- Purchase of a beach sticker or a daily parking pass does not guarantee parking availability. Once a parking lot is filled, all cars will be turned away regardless of a pass so please plan accordingly. Visitors and residents can request a refund for a daily parking pass if it is unused.
- Parking at Lowry Field over the holiday weekend will require a beach sticker or daily parking pass. Lowry will be staffed from 8:30 a.m. until 9:30 p.m. on Friday, July 1st, and from 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.
Concert on the Green
Saturday, July 1, 2023
Visit Madison Cultural Arts for details.
☂️ Rain date July 4, 2023
Independence Day Fireworks
The Town of Madison Annual Independence Day Fireworks will be displayed from a barge just south of the West Wharf pier on Sunday, July 3, 2022 at 9:30 PM. The best viewing of the fireworks is from the Town Beaches: East Wharf, West Wharf and the Surf Club. Due to the large numbers of people who are expected at the event, everyone is encouraged to arrive early as there will be traffic delays, road closures and parking restrictions. The rain date is Friday, July 8.
- Gate hours will be extended at the Surf Club Gate, East Wharf Gate, and Lowry from 8:30 a.m. until 9:30 p.m. Any resident or guest wishing to park for the fireworks at these lots will need a seasonal beach sticker or daily parking pass.
- Parking at West Wharf will be prohibited starting mid-morning on Friday to allow for the set-up of the fireworks.
- The Town will be running shuttle buses to the Surf Club on a continuous loop starting at 7 p.m. with stops at the Rt. 79 Commuter Lot, the Madison Train Station, and the Stop ‘n Shop parking lot.
The following roads will be closed to vehicular traffic at 8 p.m. on the evening of the fireworks.
- West Wharf Road (southbound)
- Surf Club Road (westbound)
- Middle Beach Road West (westbound)
- Island Avenue (southbound)
- Middle Beach Road from East Wharf Road to Island Avenue
Independence Day Parade
The Town of Madison Annual Independence Day Parade will be held on Monday, July 4, 2022, at 10:00 AM. The parade will proceed west on Boston Post Road (Route 1) from Samson Rock Drive to the West Wharf Road and will end in the Surf Club. The parade will require road closures. Residents and motorists should expect traffic delays along the parade route between 9:45 AM and 1:00 PM. Affected areas will include Boston Post Road (Route 1) and all intersecting roads between Wall Street/Samson Rock Drive and West Wharf Road, including:
- Boston Post Road (Route 1)
- Wall Street
- Samson Rock Drive
- Durham Road (Route 79)
- Meig’s Avenue
- Academy Street
- Copse Road
- Island Avenue
- Britton Lane
- West Wharf Road
- Lantern Hill Road
Motorists are encouraged to seek alternate routes during the parade. Residents/Visitors requiring access to Middle Beach Road, or Madison Beach Hotel should use East Wharf Road to access those areas during the parade. There will be no public access to the Surf Club or to the Madison Country Club (via West Wharf Road) during the parade.