The Engineering Departments responsibilities include:
- Providing professional engineering and land surveying services for Town and Madison Public Schools projects, and engineering assistance to Town departments, boards, and commissions
- Construction administration for municipal public works projects and public improvements to be accepted by the Town
- Project management for services provided by Architecture, Engineering, Environmental, and other professional consultants hired by the Town
- Capital planning and the preparation of capital improvement plans and budgets
- Preparation of grant applications for transportation and other infrastructure planning and construction projects
- Response to inquiries from residents and property owners regarding engineering matters
- Engineering liaison to the Connecticut Department of Transportation
- Engineering liaison to the Board of Police Commissioners in their role as the municipal legal traffic authority
- Administration of the Encroachment Permit Program regarding work within the right-of-way of Town roads
- Administration of the National Flood Insurance Program Regulations and the Town Floodplain Management Ordinance
- Preparation and implementation of the Town Stormwater Management Plan and compliance with State of Connecticut Stormwater Permit regulatory programs
- Maintenance of the Town Geographic Information System
You may reach the Department between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at (203) 245-5611.
During off hours, please leave a message on the Department voicemail or to report an urgent condition, please contact the Department of Police Services dispatch center at (203) 245-2721.