Local, State & Federal Assistance
Madison Youth and Family Services assists citizens in need with various local and state assistance programs, help applying for financial assistance, transportation, food, utility and adult counseling needs.
Many of the following programs are provided through the generosity of community organizations, state and local agencies, local churches and individuals.
Annual Assistance Programs
The annual assistance programs available to qualified individuals and families are:
- State Energy Assistance - November through April.
- State Rent Rebate Program - Begins in May.
- Local Food Pantry - provided by Madison Community Services (MCS) 203-245-3031.
- Warm The Children - provides warm clothing for needy children, sponsored by the Rotary Club.
- Back to School - program helps to provide school supplies necessary at the start of the new school year. Madison Youth and Family Services Community Service Trainees help to raise funds along with assistance from Temple Beth Tikvah, MCS and Salvation Army.
- Holiday Food Baskets - Madison Community Services provides food for individuals and families for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Spring Baskets.
- Madison Police Toy Drive - Madison Police Services gathers and distributes to families with children in need of toys for Christmas.
- Book Donation - Friends of Scranton Library donates new or gently used books that are distributed with the Holiday Baskets.
- Campership Scholarship - Donations from Madison Community Services, the Madison Foundations Neighbor 2 Neighbor, and Exchange Club provide camp scholarships to enrich the lives of Madison children. If you have questions or need assistance please contact Wendy Larson, Social Services Coordinator at 203-245-5655, or by email.
In addition to the Annual Programs there are several programs that are available on an "as-needed" basis. The following are some local, state and federal programs:
- SAGA Applications - State Administered General Assistance. A state program to help with Medical, SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) and Cash Assistance
- SSD - Social Security Disability Applications
- SSI - Social Security State Assistance Applications
- State Insurance Applications - Ad (Affordable Care Act) "Access Health"
- Eye Exams and Glasses through the local Lions Club
- Local Relief Assistance