Livestream the Board of Selectmen Meeting
Phone: 1-646-558-8656 Webinar ID: 91602819870
8:00 a.m. Regular Session
1. Pledge of Allegiance.
2. First Selectwoman’s Updates.
3. Liaison Reports/Selectmen Comments.
4. Citizen comments.
5. Consent Agenda:
a. Minutes of December 6, 2022 and December 19, 2022
b. Hiring of Jason Walton to Assessment Technician II, Assessor’s Office, 35.5 hrs./wk., $26.82/hr., Salary Grade 6, Step 3, budgeted.
c. Discuss and take action on setting standard mileage rate at 65.5 cents per mile for all business miles driven per 1/1/2023 IRS guidelines
d. Discuss and take action to adopt a resolution required to obtain Clean Water Fund Financing for Water Pollution Abatement Facilities and to authorize the First Selectwoman to sign all contracts and documents associated with this award.
i. Giselle McDowell, Planning and Zoning
ii. Ron Bodinson, Planning and Zoning
iii. Warren Hartmann, Salt Meadow Advisory Committee
iv. Ed Raff Jr, Shellfish Commission
i. Ed O’Malley, Beach and Recreation, Term Expiring 1/1/27
ii. Ron Bodinson, Board of Assessment Appeals, Term Expiring 11/1/2025
iii. Tom Hummel, Economic Development, Term Expiring 1/1/28
iv. Bob Reinhardt, Planning and Zoning, Term Expiring 1/1/24
v. John Morgan, Planning and Zoning, Term Expiring 1/1/26
vi. Kendra Paolitto, Salt Meadow Park Advisory Committee, Alternate to Regular, Term Expiring 1/1/2024
vii. Steven Bischoff, Zoning Board of Appeals, Alternate to Regular, Zoning Board of Appeals, Term Expiring 11/1/2023
6. Discuss regulatory options relating to short term rentals.
7. Discus and take action to refer to the Planning & Zoning Commission, under CGS Section 8-24, the transfer of land including 2.35 acres from Mungertown Road, Map 56, Lot 1 and 6.5 acres from Green Hill Road, Map 64 Lot 48 from the Town of Madison to the Madison Land Conservation Trust for open space purposes.
8. Discuss and take action to approve the restructuring of the Land Use Department to include a Land Use Technician into the Town’s Classified Plan; Salary Grade 6, 35.5 hours per week. The position is funded in the current fiscal year budget. Recruitment for the position will commence upon approval by the Board of Selectmen.
9. Discuss and take action to adopt a resolution abolishing the Job Evaluation Committee, the Landscape Committee and the Building Code of Appeals.
10. Discuss the re-organization of the Administrative, Risk, and Grants Manager position to a Procurement Administrator.
11. Discuss and take action to approve calling the Annual Town Meeting in Town Campus, Hammonasset Room and on Zoom on Wednesday, February 1, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. for the following purposes:
a. Review State of the Town Report
b. Review Five-Year Capital Plan
c. To receive the Annual Report of the permanent Boards, Commissions, Agencies, Committees and the Town’s Auditor Report in accordance with Article II, Section 188.8.131.52 of the Town Charter.
12. Citizen comments.