Approval of minutes
Review of Oct events: Oct 8, week of third graders, prep work before; Oct 13, Bauer Farm Festival coverage needed; Oct 21 Blimblers 50 K race, trails need to be checked.
Oct 30 work party, Jason for Outdoor classroom site
Pump Track update and details Tim and Jason
Coan pond trail Report Rich
Next part of agenda involves: An outline by the joint meeting of Inland/Wetlands and Conservation:
1. Trail modifications or additions should be proposed to the Rockland Advisory Committee at a planned meeting.
2. After meeting with the RAC, the idea is presented in the minutes to the beach and Recreation Director and other relevant parties.
3.The RAC has an opportunity to discuss the alterations and make recommendations to the plan.
And collaboratively with the first responders an additional requirement.
4. All trails should be reflected on the map and shared with responders
In addition, “our committee should consider the following additions to the current practices:
1) Trail proposals should include a rational. Given the current length the current trail length. PERHAPS (By committee recommendation) we should consider only additions that are for safety or environmental concerns, if a trail is considered unsafe, it should be closed until it is safe.
2) Trail features have always been allowed given that they have clear sightlines of any hazards, they are knee height or lower, and there are safe alternate options for users. We may want to establish these rules as a formal practice and/or require that new features are added to the catalog for review by the committee prior to installation and for periodic safety review.”
Maintenance to be done individually or work party:
Cut brush in front of Pine plantation and clear high grass
Outhouses need a cleaning in the inside of each and check for T. paper
2 directional signs /posts need to be replaced and repaired
Clear Crooked Hill Road at footbridge so a vehicle could use the road
General clearing of low brush and grass at charcoal site and make repairs to stacked wood inside fence, light chainsaw work
The Old Crooked Hill trail needs reblazing with YELLOW paint and more frequently along O.C.H. Rd to Dead Hill Rd.
ON North side of Coan Pond Trail the high grass needs mowing from open area to footbridge and light brush back
Cut high grass at Outdoor Classroom and major task open slope to the Coan Pond cut and stake brush so sight lines are improved.
Several trees were damaged in late spring storm and need to be dropped in the area from Outdoor classroom to service road.
OTHER- SET DATE FOR NOVEMBER
The Town of Madison does not discriminate on the basis of disability, and the meeting facilities are ADA accessible. Individuals who need assistance are invited to make their needs known by contacting the Town’s ADA/Human Resources Director Debra Milardo at 203.245.5603 (TTA203.245.5638) or by email to email@example.com at least five( 5 )days business days prior to the meeting.