The second installment of Real Estate and Personal Property tax on the 2018 Grand List is due January 1, 2020. Also due January 1, 2020 is full payment of the Supplemental Motor Vehicle tax on the 2018 Grand List. If any payment due January 1, 2020 is not paid or postmarked on or before February 3, 2020 such tax becomes delinquent and subject to interest of 1 ½% per month or fraction thereof from the due date. Minimum interest $2.00.
- Preferred method of payment is personal check, certified or bank check.
- Please proofread your checks.
- We do not take credit or debit cards at the office.
- We do not have a drop box.
Monday-Wednesday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Thursday 8:30 am - 6:30 pm
Friday 8:30 am – noon
Holiday Hours: https://www.madisonct.org/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=308
Options for making a payment when the Tax Collector’s Office is closed:
- By mail: Payment postmarked by the US Postal Service on or before February 3, 2020 will be considered an on time payment for the January 2020 installment. Please make check payable to Town of Madison, P O Box 587, Madison CT 06443. Have your envelope hand-canceled at the US Post Office.
- Online: To pay by credit card, debit card or electronic check visit: www.madisonct.org/taxpayments or by phone 855-857-3353. There is a convenience fee charged by Point & Pay for online payment service.
- People’s United Bank offers in branch tax payment processing during the month of January 2020 for current tax bills. Original tax bill must be provided at the time of processing.
- Need a reminder? Sign up for an email reminder at https://www.madisonct.org/list.aspx Scroll to News Flash, Tax Collector, click on either the envelope (email) or the cellphone (text message)