All Madison registered voters should be receiving an Application for Absentee Ballot in the mail the week of Sept. 14th from the Secretary of the State.
The polls will be open on November 3, 2020 from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. If you choose to vote By Absentee Ballot you should complete the Application and mail it to the Madison Town Clerk in the provided prepaid envelope, or place it in the secured Drop Box outside Town Hall. Follow the signs as you come down the driveway of 8 Campus Drive.
Please remember voting by Absentee Ballot is always a two-step process. We must have your Application and then you will receive a Ballot.
The Application must include your telephone number or email so we can contact you if necessary.
If you need your Ballot sent to an address other than your preprinted Madison address, enter it in the “Mailing Address” field.
Common Mistakes Made While Completing the Absentee Ballot Application:
- Applications are specific to a voting event - must only state November 3, 2020
- Section II must have a reason checked off to vote by Absentee
- The Application must have your original inked signature
- If printing the form from the Town website www.madisonct.org/vote please do not cut off the top or bottom section of the Application (must be in its entirety)
- Be sure to mail the Application to the Town Clerk timely so you can receive your Ballot by mail
Ballots will be mailed directly from the Town Clerk’s office. The first day Absentee Ballots can be mailed is Friday, October 2nd.
Another Notice with Ballot information will be forthcoming.