(HARTFORD, CT) – Governor Dannel P. Malloy is encouraging Connecticut residents and out-of-state visitors to take advantage of the special offers and promotions being given away at over 170 tourist destinations across the state this Saturday, June 11, as part of the state’s 12th annual Connecticut Open House Day.
Coordinated by the Connecticut Office of Tourism, attractions from throughout the state will be offering special incentives throughout the day – such as free or reduced admission, free gifts, or special exhibits and activities – in an effort to encourage residents and visitors to explore everything the state has to offer.
“Connecticut has an incredible array of museum, galleries, theaters, vineyards, shops, restaurants, historic properties, and other locations that make our state so unique, and we are proud to showcase all of them during this special event on Saturday,” Governor Malloy said. “Residents and visitors alike are encouraged to take advantage of the special deals and discounts that businesses across our state will be offering throughout the day. It’s the perfect opportunity to explore a destination you may have never visited before.”
Just a sampling of the participating attractions includes:
• Dinosaur State Park in Rocky Hill: free admission from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• New England Air Museum in Windsor Locks: buy one admission and get one free (higher price prevails) from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Wesleyan Potters in Middletown: free tours and demonstrations, including pottery wheel throwing and fun activities for children, from noon to 4 p.m.
• Nathan Hale Homestead in Coventry: free admission from noon to 4 p.m.
• Fascia’s Chocolates in Waterbury: free special chocolate experience and tours from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tours include behind-the-scenes look at the factory and its history
• Mystic Aquarium in Mystic: $6 off general admission when you mention Connecticut Open House Day at the gate
• Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum in Ridgefield: free admission from noon to 5 p.m.
• Oaxaca Kitchen in New Haven: 15 percent off entire check for lunch or dinner from noon to 10 p.m.
• SportsCenter of Connecticut in Shelton: one free activity per person from 9:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
• Stamford Museum & Nature Center in Stamford: free admission for the first 100 visitors from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Discounts and special offers, as well as hours of operation, vary by attraction.