Residents Only Beach Parking: May 9, 2020 - July 31, 2020
In order to reduce visitor volume and maintain social distancing at town beach facilities during the state of public health emergency, parking at all three Madison Beaches on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays is restricted to Madison taxpayers only through July 31, 2020 (or at an earlier date if deemed appropriate by the First Selectwoman under Executive Order #3).
In order to access beach parking lots, please show one of the following items to the attendant through your car window as proof of taxpayer status:
- Driver’s License with Madison address on the front
- Vehicle registration with Madison address
- 2020 Madison Beach Sticker*
- Driver’s license with copy of most recent Madison tax bill
*Effective Saturday, June 20, 2020 Beach stickers or receipt for online purchase of beach sticker (within 10 days) will be the only form of acceptable proof of residency.
- Surf Club and East Wharf gates are manned 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
- West Wharf gate is manned 8:00 am to 8:00 pm
Beaches will have lifeguards 7 days per week.
2020 Beach Parking Stickers
Effective Saturday, June 20, 2020 Beach Parking Stickers are required to park at East Wharf beach, West Wharf beach and the Surf Club. A 2020 Beach Sticker or your receipt for online purchase (within 10 days) are the only acceptable form of proof of residency.
Parking stickers for Madison’s beaches can be purchased by mail, online, or in-person at the Surf Club.
Purchase at the Surf Club
The Surf Club office is now open 7 days per week from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for walk-up service. Please bring: your most recent Madison tax bill and car registration. A driver’s license will need to be shown for proof of age for the senior rate.
Purchase by Mail
To purchase by mail please print out the application form and submit with payment (check made out to “Town of Madison” or credit card information on form) and mail to the Beach & Recreation Department, 8 Campus Drive. Madison, CT 06443. We will process your request and you will receive the Stickers back in the mail. At present No In-Person sales will take place at Town Hall.
- Login to your Beach & Recreation Account.
If you do not have an account you can create one on the login screen.
- Select the beach stickers you wish to purchase by clicking the green button next to the item.
- At the bottom of the screen click "Add to Cart".
- Enter the License plate information for each car.
- Proceed to checkout to complete your transaction.
- Not all stickers are available online. Please purchase additonal types of stickers at the Surf Club or by mail.
- Stickers will be mailed only to your Madision address.
- Please anticipate 10 business days to process and mail your sticker.
- If you want your sticker faster, please consider purchasing it in person at the Surf Club.
- You may show your online receipt (10 day timeframe) at the gate until your sticker arrives in the mail.
- Adults: First Car $40
- Second/third car in Family $20 each
- Seniors: (age 60 +) $10 per vehicle
- Veterans: one discounted pass for $10 other vehicles at normal second car rate
- Resident Daily Fee: $10
- Non-resident Daily Fee: $40, only for use Monday through Thursday only.
Where do I display my sticker?
- Your 2020 Beach Parking Sticker must be permanently affixed, not taped, to the inside driver’s side of your windshield, or driver’s side rear window.