Voting & Elections
The Town Clerk's Office will begin mailing Absentee Ballots for the Presidential Preference Primary on Tuesday, March 12, 2024, for applications received prior to that date. We continue to mail ballots daily as applications are received.
Many campaigns and organizations send out applications for Absentee Ballots so you may receive duplicate applications. If you have completed one application, please disregard the others.
The drop box located outside the south entrance of Town Hall is open to receive applications and ballots. Absentee ballots must be returned by 8 p.m. on Primary Day to be counted. You are not required to vote by Absentee Ballot and can choose to vote by early voting or at the polls. Polls will be open on Primary Day, April 2, 2024, from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Thank you.
Please use the tabs above to view voting information for the
Presidential Preference Primary
April 2, 2024
Early voting will be held 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. at Town Hall, 8 Campus Drive in Meeting Room A on the following dates:
- Tuesday, March 26
- Wednesday, March 27
- Thursday, March 28
- Saturday, March 30
Polls will be open 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 pm.
- DISTRICT I - Walter C. Polson Middle School, 302 Green Hill Road
- DISTRICT 2 - Dr. Robert H. Brown Intermediate School, 980 Durham Road (Route 79)
Absentee Ballot Instructions
Applications are being accepted now - Drop Box is Open
- An Application MUST BE COMPLETED BY THE VOTER prior to issuance of the Ballot. Per State Statute, no one is allowed to distribute more than five (5) Applications without registering them with the Town Clerk in advance.
- Application must:
- include a reason checked off in Section II;
- specify party affiliation in Section III for Primary
- have an original signature;
- be dated.
- State Statute allows the Town Clerk to process an Application through the close of business the day before a voting event. If requesting a ballot be mailed, please submit your Application in ample time.
- Application should be placed in the secured Official Drop Box located outside of Town Hall, or mailed to Madison Town Clerk, 8 Campus Drive, Madison, CT 06443.
- Please submit only one Application in your name.
Note: Town Clerk must have the original ink signature (not electronic) on the application for a Ballot to be valid.
- Mailing of Absentee Ballots will begin on March 12, 2024.
- Please follow the instructions included with your ballot, and watch a step-by-step video.
- When completed it can be placed in the secured Official Drop Box located outside of Town Hall, or mailed to:
Madison Town Clerk, 8 Campus Drive, Madison, CT 06443
- Ballot must arrive at the Town Clerk’s office by mail or in the drop box no later than 8:00 p.m. on April 2, 2024
Common Mistakes Made with Absentee Ballots
Please follow these tips to avoid common mistakes:
- Ballot must be placed in the inner envelope
- Inner envelope must be signed, dated, and sealed
- Place only one ballot per envelope. People in the same household must use separate envelopes
- Place the inner envelope inside the outer envelope
- Ballot must be returned before 8:00 p.m. on Election day
Ballot Drop Box
The Town Clerk's Office has a secure drop box for ballots located outside Town Hall at 8 Campus Drive. The box is located on the sidewalk in the circular driveway near the south entrance to Town Hall.
You may use this secure drop box to return your absentee ballot application or absentee ballot.
If you have difficulty accessing the Official Ballot Drop Box due to disability and would like assistance, please contact the Town Clerk’s Office by phone at 203-245-5672 and we will arrange to come outside to assist you.